Stacked bar chart missing bar and sort order is wrong

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana v10.0.3 with ClickHouse, Windows 10

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Display a pareto chart displaying fail runs for various test stations

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Creating a pareto chart each bar consisting of different partial bars each representing the fail rate on the various test stations (if applicable)

• What happened?
    A bar is missing on some configurations

• What did you expect to happen?
    All bars are displayed and no gaps between the bars where one is expected.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No errors

I created a SQL query to get the required data and formatted it as “Time series”. When the pareto chart is displayed it shows the following result:

Each color is representing one single station. If a color is missing in one bar it means that no fail runs occurred at this station for the test.
At the third position a complete bar is missing. When I change the number of displayed bars it suddenly appears.

When running the query with a normal table output all data is correct and present. Also the ordering by the overall fail rate descending is executed correctly.
What am I doing wrong?

Moreover the bars not correctly displayed in the desired order. Bars with a higher overall fail rate are placed more right although I expect them more to the left.
Are there other ordering options in the panel configuration besides a “ORDER BY” in the SQL statement?

1 Like