- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- What are you trying to achieve?
I have multiple series coming from a single data source, and I
d like to be able to control the order of these series in the graph, as my graph is stacked. I've only got 2 series, and, by default, they are alphabetical. Id like to reverse this, although knowing how to do an arbitrary order would also be useful.
I was hoping that I`d be able to do something about this in the panel options rather than the query, but I couldn’t find anything in either Graph (old) or Time Series
- How are you trying to achieve it?
My current query (to Graphite) is:
aliasByNode(sumSeriesWithWildcards(exclude(a.b.c.d.*.*.g, 'pending'), 4), 4)
This is giving series labels based on the * that is in the “f” position, in alphabetical order.
I tried adding a sortByName function around this:
sortByName(aliasByNode(sumSeriesWithWildcards(exclude(a.b.c.d.*.*.g, 'pending'), 4), 4), true)
I tried with both
false as the parameter.
I found this documentation on Graphite:
But the function in Grafana only seems to take a single parameter. Changing it doesn’t seem to make any difference.
- What happened?
- What did you expect to happen?
I was hoping to be able to have my “B” series be on the bottom of the stacked graph and the “A” series be on the top.
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?