Represent signal strength

Hi to everyone guys,

I’m trying to represent the signal strength of the SNR and RSSI that a device has with stored values over time in database (depicting with red the area where the signal is not good and with green where there is an optimimum/good one). At the moment, I’ve tried using the plugin Geomap, but I didn’t find a way to do it. In fact, if I’m not mistaken, Geomap can only represent coordinates. Is there any way to do It that I didn’t found?

I’m using v8.4.3.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask anything!

PD: Sorry for my English, as I’m not from an english speaker country.

1 Like

I would say you will need to use heatmap layer. Geomap doesn’t have a time dimension - you can visualize only values at some time point, so “over time” requirement will be a problem.

1 Like

Yeah, I have already tried the heatmap layer but didn’t get the expected result. Basically I want something like this image:

descarga

But I don’t know how to (or If I’ts possible) extend the values over map.

Hi Robone,

Did you find a solution to this? I am trying to represent wifi signal strength via a floor plan
let me know
cheers

For something like that I would recommend using the svg plugin. you can pretty it up with actual wifi signal icons that actually change per strength etc.

https://github.com/yosiasz/grafanadashboards/blob/main/roomsignalstrength.json
1 Like

I haven’t find nothing useful yet. Except for the comment of @yosiasz ,that I’ve seen now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.