Prometheus millesecond timestamps to date table

Hi all,

I am still new to grafana and am struggling with visualizing the data in the correct format. My day or so of google searching hasnt gotten me anywhere so hoping someone here can help.

The goal is to create a table in grafana showing all of the last build times of jobs. The metrics are coming from prometheus and are coming in the millescond timestamp format such as this:

default_jenkins_builds_last_build_start_time_milliseconds{instance=“REMOVED”, jenkins_job=“REMOVED”, job=“jenkins”, repo=“REMOVED”}

default_jenkins_builds_last_build_start_time_milliseconds{instance=“REMOVED”, jenkins_job=“REMOVED”, job=“jenkins”, repo=“REMOVED”}

I am getting all of these metrics into grafana and try to create a table. I am not able to convert the millisecond values into dates and it also shows the same value for every time prometheus scrapes and I would just like it to show the last value.

Is there an easy way to just query the latest value for each unique jenkins_job=“REMOVED” and then how do I convert the millescond value being returned into the acutal timestamp in a grafana table?

Try enabling the Instant option shown below the Prometheus query in Grafana. This should show the last/latest result only.

Not sure about your other question, my Prometheus seems to return time in seconds format (at least when I look via Grafana query inspector) and Grafana then shows the correct date/time.