Panel plugin doesnt build for dev

I am creating a panel plugin for grafana and building for dev and get the following error

Argument of type 'typeof App' is not assignable to parameter of type 'ComponentClass<PanelProps<SimpleOptions>, any> | FunctionComponent<PanelProps<SimpleOptions>> | null'.
    Type 'typeof App' is not assignable to type 'ComponentClass<PanelProps<SimpleOptions>, any>'.
      Construct signature return types 'App' and 'Component<PanelProps<SimpleOptions>, any, any>' are incompatible.
        The types of 'props' are incompatible between these types.
          Type 'Readonly<any> & Readonly<{ children?: ReactNode; }>' is not assignable to type 'Readonly<PanelProps<SimpleOptions>> & Readonly<{ children?: ReactNode; }>'.
            Type 'Readonly<any> & Readonly<{ children?: ReactNode; }>' is missing the following properties from type 'Readonly<PanelProps<SimpleOptions>>': id, data, timeRange, timeZone, and 11 more.

The module that throws the error looks like

import { PanelPlugin } from '@grafana/data';
import { SimpleOptions } from './types';
import { App } from "./App"

export const plugin = new PanelPlugin<SimpleOptions>(App);

The App that it refers to has the following declaration:

export class App extends Component<any, any> {

I have a second plugin that has the exact same setup, and is highlighted in visual code as having the same error, however that plugin builds successfully. How do I fix this and why does one plugin build while the other doesn’t?

Is there a reason for why you want an untyped panel plugin, i.e. <any, any>? If you want to get started with building panel plugins, the easiest way is to complete the tutorial on building panel plugins, which will help you get started.