Openhistorian DataSource with Grafana

Hi, I’m trying to use openhistorian datasource and grafana and them create the plugins and applications. I’m using Windows 8 plattform…

I don’t have experience with grafana and I still don’t know how to configure openhistorian datasource -
available for download on grafana website.

Please, can you help?

Tks,

Rafael

Yes. Have you tried installing & running grafana? Any step that you got stuck on that you need help with?

Have you managed to install the open historian plugin?

Hi, thanks for your prompt answer!

I tried to install grafana in Windows plattform, but I didn’t get sucessfull to start the grafana windows service using nssm tool. I still don’t know how is the root cause of this problem…In this way, I’m trying, for this moment, to use The Host Grafana and it works well.

I preferred to use OpenHistorian because its better than openPDC, openhistorian works with version 2.0 and openPDC works with version 1.0.

Please, how can I associate the openhistorian 2.0 version with Host Grafana? I checked that openhistorian 1.0 version is possible and default, but I don’t know how associate the .dll file of version 2.0, and as I’m using Host Grafana, I don’t have the files installed on my machine, and I cannot copy the .dll file (version 2) to my machine.

Thanks in advance!

Rafael

Hi Torkel, did you get analyze my doubt? Tks / Rafael

Did you try it installing the plugin? On the plugin page there is a install button

Hi Torkel, yes I did, but only version 1.0 is available. What’s happening is that with version 1.0 I cannot use the software openHistorian. For that, I need install plug-in version 2.0

Please, how to agregate version 2.0 inside grafana?

Tks!

@rofernandes did you get this working - I’m sure I can help you here…

Hi Ritchie, thanks for your help.

I checked that now openhistorian already have connection with grafana. Congrats for the job!

In this moment, I’m trying to put in operation the grafana through openhistorian software.

Thanks, Ritchie!

Hi Mr. Carroll,

How to upgrade Grafana 7 to grafsna 9 or 10 in openHistorian?

Also I have installed Grafana locally and openHistorian as plugin for data source but I have problem with URL setting.

Help on both issues will be helpful.

Thank.

Regards,
Prof. Srdjan Skok

welcome @srdanskok

what OS is grafana installed in? Also what exact error are you seeing ?

Grafana is installed in openHistorian but version 7. For some plugins I need 9 or 10. I fon’t know how to upgrade it.

The other solution is to install Grafana on my computer and install openHistorian plugin as data source which I did. But when I want to set openHistorian as data sorce by setting URL input localhost:8180/api/grafana Grafana report error - bad gateway.

Thanks for helping!

Srdjan

I am using Windows 10.

I am not familiar with openHistorian and not sure how you installed grafana in openHistorian . Can you please clarify

When you install openHistorian Grafana installs automaticaly.

ah got it now! :wink:

is the grafana in openHistorian sqlite or something else?

Probably best to ask this with historian developers? in their github repo?

Hi

How to configure openHistorian as data source autentication