I am not trying to solve a problem, just want a better understanding.
- An alert is setup, evaluation every 5 minutes.
- Alert condition becomes true.
- Alert will start firing.
- Notification is send according to policy and contact point.
- Condition stays in alerting state for next week.
- No silences or mute timings settings are touched.
What decides when the next notification is send in this case?
I would assume every evaluation interval.
I tried some testing and these are the times email arrived, but not 100% sure if some state changes did not play role. Will test some more with a better test of when constantly firing alert sends notification. But I thought I still ask.