Notification policies not working if add multiple matcher

If I define notification policies with multiple matcher, alert rule generates alert but it is not sending to channel, single matcher works normally.

Hi @volbulbul, could you give us more details on how you’re setting up the notification policies? Thank you!

I have two seperate device but each of them send alert to same contact point. If I set matching labels on same policy rule not sending alert.However, If I create two different policy for each device it is working.

Hi! I think the reason for this is that your notification policy is incorrect. Your screenshot shows a notification policy where the device must be both Generator-1 and Generator-2, not one or the other. Matchers in a notification policy use and and not or operators.

If you want to match either Generator-1 or Generator-2 then you should change the operator to “=~” and use a regex.

1 Like

It is a bit confuing because I want to match Label with Value. I think there can be condition operator between multiple values same as classic conditions on alert rules. If I want use “=~” operator I can set value to just “Generator”. I think it can be a feature request.

Hi! The best place for that would be to open a feature request for GitHub - prometheus/alertmanager: Prometheus Alertmanager, as Grafana runs an embedded Prometheus Alertmanager that manages its notification policies.

I created issue under github, but earliest version it was working with multiple parameters.

Hmm, I’m not sure Alertmanager has ever supported or in Notification policies. Do you know which version it was?