No data if last InfluxDB entry is out of range

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana v10.0.3 (eb8dd72637) in a docker container

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I would like to display “energy_yesterday” from Tasmota device even if there was no entry yesterday (instead it was a few days ago).

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    My Setup: I have a few tasmota devices (power sockets with switch and energy monitor) sending status via MQTT if there is a change (power, switch) to the Tasmota Integration in Home Assistant. Or if there is no change in the status every 5 min. This Tasmota Integration send the changes to InfluxDB. But only if there is a change, not the 5 min intervall.

In the picture you can see the last entry in InfluxDB is saved 4 days ago. Since then the device was not in use:

Here a logfile from a similar device (different name) but you can see the 5 min interval sending MQTT data without usage of the device:

10:36:08.417 MQT: tele/tasmota_17DA0A/SENSOR = {"Time":"2023-11-09T10:36:08","ENERGY":{"TotalStartTime":"2023-04-23T12:38:39","Total":7.566,"Yesterday":0.012,"Today":0.027,"Period":0,"Power":0,"ApparentPower":0,"ReactivePower":0,"Factor":0.00,"Voltage":0,"Current":0.000}}
10:41:08.431 MQT: tele/tasmota_17DA0A/SENSOR = {"Time":"2023-11-09T10:41:08","ENERGY":{"TotalStartTime":"2023-04-23T12:38:39","Total":7.566,"Yesterday":0.012,"Today":0.027,"Period":0,"Power":0,"ApparentPower":0,"ReactivePower":0,"Factor":0.00,"Voltage":0,"Current":0.000}}
10:46:08.416 MQT: tele/tasmota_17DA0A/SENSOR = {"Time":"2023-11-09T10:46:08","ENERGY":{"TotalStartTime":"2023-04-23T12:38:39","Total":7.566,"Yesterday":0.012,"Today":0.027,"Period":0,"Power":0,"ApparentPower":0,"ReactivePower":0,"Factor":0.00,"Voltage":0,"Current":0.000}}
  • What happened?

If I check the Grafana dashboard today (09.11.2023) I get a “no data”, because in my query is a time range defined (Today so far).

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expect that Grafana is showing “0” (zero) for yesterday.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

Here are my Grafana query:

from(bucket: "home_assistant")
  |> range(start: v.timeRangeStart, stop: v.timeRangeStop)
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["entity_id"] == "schreibtisch_schlafzimmer_energy_yesterday")
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["_measurement"] == "kWh")
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["_field"] == "value")
  |> aggregateWindow(every: v.windowPeriod, fn: mean, createEmpty: false)
  |> yield(name: "mean")
  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

No.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

No successful result with my google search.

1 Like

Hi.

I have the same problem here:

How did you solve it?

Br,
kd

Hi @cc13

In your stat panel settings, have you selected Last* in the Value options >> Calculation section? See my example below, where data stopped recording on Nov. 2. If the time picker includes Nov. 2, then the Stat panel will show the last value obtained during that time period.

But if the time picker does not include the day/time when a valid value was recorded, then No Data will display in the stat panel.

Note that all 3 of the above use this range in the Flux query:

|> range(start: v.timeRangeStart, stop: v.timeRangeStop)

If I change it to this:

|> range(start: -1y, stop: now())

then I am overriding the Grafana time picker with the last 1 year’s worth of values and (assuming there was at least one value recorded over the past year), I will see the most current value regardless of what I choose in the time picker:

So going back to your original question:

I believe that simply changing your range to be something like this:

|> range(start: -1y, stop: now())

will do the trick and even if there were no values recorded yesterday, but 4 days before yesterday, you would still get the most recent value in the stat panel.

Hi @grant2,

thanks for your solution. It works.