MySQL DB on web-hosted domain to Grafana Cloud?

Hi folks,
I have node-red running on a Raspberry Pi injecting data to a MySQL database on my web-hosted domain. Below is a screenshot. I was wondering if there would be a way to connect this MySQL DB to Grafana Cloud?

Hi! If that MySQL database has a publicly accessible URL, you should be able to enter the details in the MySQL data source in Grafana Cloud. You may need to add the “Hosted Grafana” source IP addresses to any firewall rules or security group settings. If you run into any issues, open a support ticket from your account portal so the team can take a closer look!

1 Like

Hey there,

To connect a MySQL database on a web-hosted domain, like one hosted by Cloudways, to Grafana Cloud:

1. Access Grafana Cloud: Log into your Grafana Cloud account.
  2. Add MySQL as Data Source: Go to settings, select ‘Data Sources,’ and choose MySQL.
  3. Configure Database Details: Enter your MySQL database details (hosted on Cloudways), including hostname, port, database, user, and password.
  4. Test Connection: Ensure Grafana can connect to the MySQL database, then save the configuration.

This setup will allow Grafana Cloud to use data from your Cloudways-hosted MySQL database.
I’ve mentioned Cloudways as recently they are open for BFCM4040 discount, you should check it out! Cheers :slight_smile: