Modify the legend name

How do I modify what is displayed in the legend. I have a long url currently showing for the legend and would like just part of it to show. There is a common theme for example https://abc.xxx.yyy.zzz, I just would like for abc to show on the legend. Thanks in advance to who ever can help.

Type the legend name you wish to appear by entering text in the Alias By box found in the query options.

Thank you, but I will use one expression for many endpoints- and they endpoints change. Is there a way to not hard code the value shown?
Thanks

I’d like to know this as well.

With time-series I viewed this link and added the Transformation (Rename fields by regex) like: “https://(.*)” → $1.
I’m not sure either, but with the table, I followed the instructions in this link, using value mapping instead of data transformation