InfluxDB returned error status: 407 Proxy Authorization Required

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Query InfluxDB

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I am able to query direct, however Grafana is logging a proxy 407 error

• What happened?
    This data source is an influxDB installed on the same VM as Grafana. Grafna a logs ‘failed to fetch’ on queries to the DB, and the logs contains e.g.
    t=2022-06-24T00:03:45+0100 lvl=eror msg=“Alert Rule Result Error” logger=alerting.evalContext ruleId=4 name=“DCB Vodafone Internet alert” error=“request handler error: failed to query data: InfluxDB returned error status: 407 Proxy Authorization Required” changing state to=alerting

• What did you expect to happen?
    If i run a select statement against the DB using local CMD, I am able to get output. I expect Grafana to also get this output.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    Not sure of the config. I have looked at the proxy setting on the server, and also checked the proxy logs (Which don’t contain anything for this server IP)

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    Failed to fetch

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Lots of googling but no luck - any help really appreciated!

how are you running the grafana and influx services? Are they binaries on disk, installed by package-managers? Are they running in containers? Just trying to think of reasons that one can’t communicate with the other while both are running on the same server