What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
I.m using Ubuntu 22.04 and Grafan v9.1.1
What are you trying to achieve?
I’m upgrading the Grafana Image Renderer from v3.3.0 (which worked beautifully) to v3.6.1 due to CVE-2022-31176
How are you trying to achieve it?
I’m installing using grafana-cli plugins install grafana-image-renderer
- The install succeeded, it asked me to restart grafana-server (done)
- grafana-cli plugins ls show correct version 3.6.1
- Open grafana in browser, check plugins > grafana-image-renderer > version shows correct version 3.6.1
- Testing the rendering (open dashboard > panel > share > direct link) failed
What did you expect to happen?
It should open new tab with rendered image of the panel
Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- I use the plugins in plugin mode
- I added token in [rendering] section
- I added (same) token in [grafana-image-renderer] section
Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
logger=context traceID=00000000000000000000000000000000 userId=0 orgId=1 uname= t=2022-09-08T11:29:27.831852305+07:00 level=error msg=“Rendering failed.” error=“rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = Unauthorized request”
Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
Security release: New versions of Grafana and Grafana Image Renderer with a high severity security fix for CVE-2022-31176 | Grafana Labs