What I’m trying to do: count a string (‘error’) from logs over a time period and then put that number on a graph. Should be easy, right?
How I’ve failed:
- “input data must be a wide series but got type long”
- happens when I try to do really any ‘expression’ things
- “invalid aggregation sum_over_time without unwrap”
- happens any time I use the “_over_time” functions.
- Add any ‘unwrap’ to fix the above.
- From cloudwatch, I do have one label - something like ‘_cloudwatch_owner’ but that gives me truly unbelievable numbers so there’s no way this works and I wouldn’t understand how if it did.
- there are no other labels available on this drop down. I do have labels in the raw json view of the logs, but I can’t choose them here.
So…what am I doing wrong here?