How do I remove the gettingstarted plugin from the home dashboard

I am attempting to upgrade from 3.1.1 to 4.2 Everything seem to have worked, except the gettingstarted plugin is automatically inserted in the home dashboard.

How do I prevent this? There does not seem to be a configuration option to disable this behaviour.

Thanks
Mike

By clicking the x icon in the top right corner of the panel, then it will never be shown again

So, there is no way to prevent the “getting started” panel from ever being displayed, correct?

I am distributing pre-configured Grafana instances and I fear this will confuse my users. I guess I could seed the database with a bogus user and include a “do-nothing” plugin, but that seems a bit hacky.

I would like to suggest that you make this configurable.

It is only shown to admins, but if you want to pre configure it you need to create a user with the correct helpflags settings (set via api or in database user table)

A workaround was proposed on GitHub:

sqlite3 /var/lib/grafana/grafana.db "update user set help_flags1 = 1 where login = 'admin';"

It’s not great but it works for me. My use case: want to provision a working install + dashboard from scratch automatically for each region without getting this panel again with every launch.