Graphite search values from another series

Hello,

I’m using graphite/go-carbon and grafana.
I search a way to create a tree view which contains all performance metrics and create a tree view contains only configuration for elements.
Actually, i have to copy a second time some .wsp file in an other configuration tree to create dashboard. So each performance import take a lot of disk space…

an example:

performance tree view:

metrics.model.serial.volumes.volume1{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}
metrics.model.serial.volumes.volume2{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}
metrics.model.serial.volumes.volume3{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}

etc…

for server tree view:

metrics.model.serial.server1.volume1{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}
metrics.model.serial.server1.volume2{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}
metrics.model.serial.server2.volume1{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}
metrics.model.serial.server2.volume3{read_io,write_io,read_response,write_response}

etc…

I create dashboard specially for server or for volumes, etc…

Is exist a way to search metrics from an other folder, like to search in a other table with sql?

Many thanks for help

Hi @indi59, welcome to the :grafana: community!

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but it’s a pretty useful feature. You can share query results between panels.

In your panel editor, you can choose --Dashboard-- as the datasource and then select the panel from that dashboard that you want to reference for your new panel.