Graph splits up metrics

Hi
I imported some data into a MySQL Database. I plot the data in a graph but for some reason it splits up the data into different colors, eventhough it shouldn’t. See picture below.

I would like that all entries with the same name are also in the same color.

Here my code:

SELECT
  $__timeGroup(timestamp,$interval,NULL) as time_sec,
  sum(Amount) as value,
  Partname as metric
FROM 
  statistik
WHERE
  $__timeFilter(timestamp)
GROUP BY 1
ORDER BY 1

What maybe is also good to know is that I did not import all the data at once. The changing color occurs when I add a new measurement over time. In the MySQL database all the partnames look the same to me.

The database looks like this:

| Timestamp | Partname | Amount |
| - datetime - | — text — | - int(11)- |

Can you help me with this issue?

Your have to group it togeter, Grafana Will draw a series for every unique metric name

So this means somewhere there has to be a difference in the names? I can not explain myself how this happened but probably reuploading everything at once properly would solve the issue.

But how would I group the entries? I tried the two following things but I could not get the right result:

GROUP BY SUBSTRING(Partname, 1, 7)

I found out that it must probably be because some of the entries have a space in the end of the string and the others not. So I though if I would just compare the first 7 letters I could come to the right result. It is grouping the entries now in only three categories, which is right, but all the entries are also grouped all at one timestep.

edit:

I got it working:
I should not do the grouping in the GROUP BY section but in the metrics section.

SELECT
  $__timeGroup(timestamp,$interval,NULL) as time_sec,
  sum(Amount) as value,
  SUBSTRING(Partname, 1, 7) as metric
FROM 
  statistik
WHERE
  $__timeFilter(timestamp)

GROUP BY 1
ORDER BY 1