Grafana 9.0.6 Google Chat Notification formatting

Hi all, we have upgraded our Grafana to version 9.0.6. Due to the upgrade, there are now problems with the notification in Hangouts Google Chat. In the notification there is now much more informations and multiple URL’s.

Question here is how we can customize this formatting? Contact points are there with the Google URL for the webhook, but nothing can be customized here. Under Message there were no entries … We have switched to the new altering.

Thank’s & BR

Can anyone help me here or is there no way to customize the Google Chat messages here? Thanks , BR

Hi @agile,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

Since you did not mention from which version you had upgraded to the ver 9.0.6

If you coming from version 8.x.x then there were some major changes in the alerting component and it seems to be a commonly asked question on the forum.

For that, we suggest that you follow the following post as it covers a v.good how-to type article as how to create and manage alerts (template etc). for the newer version.

I hope this helps.

Yes exactly we have upgraded from version 8 to version 9. Can you send me the link where I can find the instructions.

Thx & BR

You can find the new features and changes in this link:

Okay thanks for the link, I thought that was a specific page. The page with the general Grafana news is of course known to me. In the forum there was exactly my question but only for version 7… in the custom.ini I had also looked - anyway thanks - BR

Well you can look into the following 2 posts which cover very detailed guide as how to create and modify alert templates as it should work with Google Chat (as the template use Go language to process the information).

Here are the links:

and

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Basically here is the official reference for formatting API call based (bot) messages…

…which is exactly like we do in our personal conversations.

Sadly none of the mentioned/available text formatting markup do work with Grafana message templates :frowning: neither do emojis.

Now I have to say that HTML formatting works fine, eg.:

<b>Bold text</b>
<i>Italic text</i>
<a href="URL">Link text</a>
1 Like