Grafana 8 - ngalert - pushover title

Hi,
I’ve got a problem with the new ngalert service. Is there a way to change the title template for pushover messages? I found in the source code that it is using default.title template, probably from here default_template.gol but I can’t find a way to replace it with something else. Is it possible? Overwrite the default.title template somehow? On the other hand message body is defined as model.Settings.Get("message").MustString({{ template “default.message” .}}),, so I can easy change it by using the message property and make my own template…

1 Like

Hi @ktycz666, did you find a way to overwrite the default.title, alias __subject with another go template? If I add a go template like this:

{{ define “default.title” }}[{{ .Status | toUpper }}{{ if eq .Status “firing” }}:{{ .Alerts.Firing | len }}{{ end }}]{{ end }}

Which should result in only
[FIRING:1] or [RESOLVED]

It won’t use my custom template.

Just checking that you’ve both had a chance to look at the docs for this Message templating | Grafana Labs

Just checking that you’ve both had a chance to look at the docs for this Message templating | Grafana Labs

That page does not explain how to overrule the default title, if it is not a separate field in a notification channel.

Slack has a specific ‘title’ field to configure. But Pushover and Telegram have not.

I found in the source code that it is using default.title template

As far as I can find in that file, there is no way to overrule this setting. So it is currently not supported in Pushover and Telegram. Would be nice if it could be configured in those services.

Came here to let the next person know to not looking any further: it is not possible currently.