Pushover emergency alerting

Hello,
First of all - Grafana is fantastic, and I really enjoy the beautiful GUI :slight_smile:
I have just started to use the Pushover alerting plugin, and I use the emergency priority on critical values. The problem is that the emergency message is generated also when the value goes back to normal. Is it possible to configure normal priority on “green” alerts? If not, I would appreciate if you put it on the list of improvements:slight_smile:

Regards
Lars Magne

There is already a feature request for this feature. We will be working on improving alerting in the coming months and this is on our todo list.

Here is a small code change that maybe could be reviewed and added to the next release.
In pushover.go line 157 the current code is:

q.Add(“priority”, strconv.Itoa(this.Priority))
if this.Priority == 2 {
q.Add(“retry”, strconv.Itoa(this.Retry))
q.Add(“expire”, strconv.Itoa(this.Expire))
}

If you change the code to:

if this.Priority == 2 {
if evalContext.Rule.State == m.AlertStateOK {
q.Add(“priority”, strconv.Itoa(0)) // force normal state (no emergency alarm sound)
} else {
q.Add(“priority”, strconv.Itoa(this.Priority))
q.Add(“retry”, strconv.Itoa(this.Retry))
q.Add(“expire”, strconv.Itoa(this.Expire))
}
}

With this code Pushover will not send emergency alert when the alert state returns to OK but instead send normal state that will not fire emergency sound and acknowledge request from user.

I think we would like to have a more general solution for all alerting notifications and it would have to be configurable (some people want an update on the ok state change).

Today we saw a strange issue: We have configured a trend that post alerts both to pushover and to emails. Normally Grafana send both pushover and emails both when the value enters and exit the alarm state. Today we got pushover alarm and email when the value enters the alarm-state, but when the value exit the alarm situation we only got email and no pushover alert. Any idea how this could happen.

Are you still having this problem? Any errors in the server logs?

In which log can I see the posted alarts from Grafana to Pushover?

The Grafana server logs. Check the installation docs for your OS to find where the log file is located. For example, here are the package details for Ubuntu/Debian: http://docs.grafana.org/installation/debian/#package-details