Grafana 4.6.2 + MySQL DB 8.0

Hi,

I’m trying to add a data source of type MySQL in Grafana and getting the below message.

this user requires mysql native password authentication.

Have created user in MySQL server using the below query.

CREATE USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

When I query the list of users, I can see that, this new user is having plugin as mysql_native_password. But not sure why Grafana is still showing that error message.

Can someone please assist.

Are you sure the grafana user should be configured with native password? Try it without.

Hi,

I’m trying to add a data source of type MySQL in Grafana and getting the below message.

this authentication plugin is not supported

Have created user in MySQL server using the below query.

CREATE USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

When I query the list of users, I can see that, this new user is having plugin as caching_sha2_password . But not sure why Grafana is still showing that error message.

Can someone please assist.

I wonder if this is related

Hey @clanlaw,

We are still getting the same issue. Still got no luck :frowning:

Any other suggestions ? Or Do we need to downgrade the MySQL Version that we are using !

@mefraimsson

Is MySQL 8 not supported by Grafana 4.6 ?

I suggest filing an issue on the github repository. Then you should get an official response.

[Edit] But you should probably check with the latest Grafana first. The developers are unlikely to do anything if it does work with the latest release.

We have an open issue for support MySQL caching_sha2_password for Grafana backend database specifically, see my comment on that issue. But for MySQL datasource the allowNativePasswords=true is set in connectionstring since Grafana v5.0.

Yea, on latest version of Grafana (6.1.4), we are not facing any issue. We are using the latest version and proceeding for now.

Thank you