While I’m doing my backend business using Apache Flink as shown in https://berlin.flink-forward.org/kb_sessions/predictive-maintenance-with-apache-flink, I’ve been also implementing interactive dashboards for my customer using Grafana mainly with the official pie chart plugin. A dashboard looks below:
Besides pie chart plugin, I also modify worldmap plugin to show my customer which sensors generate alarms.
Using pie chart plugin, I found some ideas to improve it. So I recently created three PRs for pie chart plugin:
- I want to show only percentages in the tooltip but there was no options for tooltip.
- I add a group of options for tooltip in order for users to decide whether to hide tooltip, show only value, show only percentage, and show both of value and percentage.
- This PR is about updating template variables when users click on slices on pie chart.
- As shown in the above screenshot, I have nearly ~90 sensors in a single dashboard. I don’t want to show all 90 sensor charts in a dashboard, which hinders users from interacting with dashboard without delay.
- For that reason, I create a template variable to show only few of them in the dashboard.
- I want to allow my customer to choose a value of the template variable just by mouse click. The larger the portion of a slice, the more problematic a corresponding sensor is. Users are likely to see the most problematic sensors only.
- Figure out problem stated in https://github.com/grafana/piechart-panel/issues/80.
I really hope the PRs to be merged
p.s. please let me know if I forget to take steps to conduct before creating PRs