Failing to add ElasticSearch datasource in Grafana - receiving 403

I’m using Grafana 4.6.3.
I’m trying to add datasource for Amazon elastic search as a service (Version 6.0)
I have the url endpoint, I’ve opened policy access and https access from grafana.
When trying to run curl command I’m able to receive data from ES.

While trying to save & test the data source I’m receiving 403 error.
I’m using access proxy and not direct.
Am I missing something ?

Hi,

Have you selected a version when configuring elastic datasource in Grafana? Could it be that you’re on another network than Grafana when using curl?

Marcus

Hey,

I’ve selected 5.0 version as there is no 6.x version, I’m on the same network as telnet works fine.

Dudu

Have you configured correct index pattern? Please include screenshot of your create datasource screen and/or chrome dev tools network tab. Please check grafana server log.

Marcus

Hey,

Screenshot from Grafana:

Screenshot from chrome dev tools network:

Screenshot from grafana server log:

So if you do a curl of http://<your elastic url>/finding/_mapping do you get a 200 response?

Marcus

Yes, I receive a valid response.

Oh right. Back to the chrome dev tools network tab. If you click the _mapping request to unveil the request/response details - could you provide a screenshot of that. Thanks

Sure,

The response:

{“message”:“Authorization header requires ‘Credential’ parameter. Authorization header requires ‘Signature’ parameter. Authorization header requires ‘SignedHeaders’ parameter. Authorization header requires existence of either a ‘X-Amz-Date’ or a ‘Date’ header. Authorization=Basic ZHVkdTpLdWtpMXFhejJ3c3g=”}

Any insights here ?
I’ve uploaded all the information you’ve requested.

Dudu

Hi,

Maybe you need to provide some sort of certificates. I haven’t connected AWS elastic to Grafana earlier so cannot give any other advice unfortunately. I found the following open issue which may be of interest for you though.

Marcus

@dudusakharovich late reply but troubleshooted similar problem in Elasticsearch data source working partially after migration to HTTPS and an upgrade to latest Grafana version solved their issue.