error="tsdb.HandleRequest() error client_error: client error: 403"

Hi Team,
I am getting below error when configuring alert in grafana and unable to receive any email notification but the status in Grafana says alerting. please help

error=“tsdb.HandleRequest() error client_error: client error: 403” changing state to=alerting

Hi @mohammedsiddiq788,

Was this alert working previously? Or is this the first time you’ve tried to set it up? Can you share more details about the alert?

Hi @mattabrams
This is the first time I have configured this alert. I have added the criteria for alerting if the memory usage of node goes above 90 % in the node memory panel with graph of time series format and when I go and test the rule it is giving me below error.
error:“tsdb.HandleRequest() error client_error: client error: 403”

Logs from Grafana
lvl=eror msg=“Alert Rule Result Error” logger=alerting.evalContext ruleId=1 name=“Cluster Mem Capacity alert” error=“tsdb.HandleRequest() error client_error: client error: 403” changing state to=alerting

Hello, does you query working well?

Did you test your notification channel? Were there any troubles?

Hi @johndillinger
My query is working fine and able to get correct values. I have also tested notification channel and was able to get email notification sent to the list of emails provided.

I suspect that the issue is in configuring the datasource (prometheus).

I am not able to select and test the HTTP Access to “server (default)” and getting HTTP Error Forbidden when testing it. But it is working fine when I change it to “browser” and test it, I get message datasource is working…

Did you insert “http://” before your prometheus ip adress in URL field?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.