Enabling anonymous login in Hosted Grafana

Hi, i am testing the free Hosted Grafana Instance and i would like active the “Enabling anonymous login”, i found that i should edit “grafana.ini”, but it is not enabled in Hosted Instance.

Is there a option to enable “anonymous login” or it is only available for Grafana Cloud subscriptors.

Thanks in Advance!

Why not creating a guest account?

User: guest
Pass: guest

Hi,
it works without problems in localhost and that would be good option, but i am not sure if it’s possible to do it using the free Hosted Grafana.

In this case, could you help me, how could i create a guest account in “free Hosted Grafana”?

What is “free Hosted Grafana” a demo in the official server?

Or you have your own instace in your server?
If true:

Configuration -> Users -> Invite (green button)

Username: guess
Name: nothing
Role: Viewer (that is important)

You create an guess user, with the name you want, and then use it invitation link to log in and set the password.

Hi @castillo92:
Thank you for your reply.

I mean to a instance. I have created my own Instance on Grafana server, that is what i mean with “free Hosted Grafana”. This options is available when you are hosting self Grafana (e.g. localhost:3000). In the case of “hosted Grafana”, there is no option “Invite (green button)”. Instead of these says:

Users are managed via grafana.com. The table below shows users who have logged in at least once. To remove a user you also need to remove them from your grafana.com org.

I can not find an option into grafana in order to create new user, at least “no” using free version.

I would like know it is only available using “Grafana Cloud”. If you know, please let me know.

Thanks!

I did not know Grafana allow this option, I signed in to see the conditions and… As you can see in the screenshot, only one user, sorry

I host my own instance in my server and here I can assure you that you can create all the users that you want. Even create an anonymous user without password, but I do not tried yet.

The way to do that is: (but, as you can see, you have to access file system)

sudo nano /etc/grafana/grafana.ini

disable_login_form = true
# enable anonymous access 
  enabled = true
# specify role for unauthenticated users
  org_role = VIEWER
1 Like

It was as i thought, i need to host it or use Grafana Cloud.

Thank you so much!

1 Like