Our remote Prometheus is running in AWS EKS (k8s cluster maintained by AWS) and we restrict access to that datasource to just Grafana server IP address.
Datasource is configured to use
server access mode.
But it seems that some queries to Prometheus are send from client (
browser) instead of
server based on this error:
BUT direct query like
up == 1 returns valid data as this query is initiated from Grafana server and not from the client .
What you expected to happen:
All queries should reflect access setting and in our case all traffic should be initiated from Grafana server as we have
server mode set.
How to reproduce it (as minimally and precisely as possible):
- Create Prometheus datasource with
- Restrict access (iptables, firewall, …) to that Prometheus server just for Grafana server.
- Then use Explore feature in Grafana.
Do you see some data in
Metrics browser or not?
Anything else we need to know?:
It seems that requests bellow are initiated from client and not from Grafana server :
- Grafana version: 9.1.1 and 8.4.5
- Data source type & version: Prometheus (v2.35.0)
- OS Grafana is installed on: CentOS Stream 8 via RPM package
- User OS & Browser: Linux and Mac, Google Chrome
- Grafana plugins: N/A
- Others: N/A
Am I missing something? Is this behavior common?
I created for this bug report (ID 54213) but it was rejected as a question , that’s why I’m here.