Datapoints outside time range when creating SQL query graph

Hi, I have successfully connected Grafana with a MSSQL database using the Grafana-Simple-SQL-Datasource proxy.

https://github.com/gbrian/grafana-simple-sql-datasource.

I have created a single stat dashboard with KPI’s from our helpdesk system.

However I would now like to create some graphs as well.

One example query is:

select COUNT (*) from dbo.HELPDESK where GRUPP_ID IN (1,2,4,6,7,8,15,16) AND STATUSID = 20

This query shows all cases with the wanted status and groups. I can see that the query successfully pulls the current value with the current value is not graphed over time.

I get the message Data points outside time range (Can be caused by timezone mismatch or missing time filter in query).

Any ideas?

In the future I would like to have start and end time as variables to the graph can be changed on request.

Specify table format in metrics and options tab.

Thanks Torkel for the reply, but the suggestion did not work. I have attached some screenshots of my settings.

please read docs specify a query that returns time series. When you add a new query the query editor will generate an example query for how a time series query needs to look. Needs to return time_sec, value and metric columns.

Update, I haven’t looked into this in a while and I have now got a query that does what I want. However I still need to declare the timefilter some how but have no idea how to do it with MSSQL.

Here is my query:

SELECT COUNT(DATEPART(yy, REGDATUM)) AS Total,
DATEPART(yy, REGDATUM) AS Year,
DATEPART(mm, REGDATUM) AS Month,
DATEPART(DD, REGDATUM) AS Day
FROM dbo.HELPDESK where GRUPP_ID IN (1,2,4,6,7,8,15,16) AND HELPDESK.STATUSID IN (12,3,16,20,21,1,14,9,0)
GROUP BY DATEPART(yy, REGDATUM), DATEPART(mm, REGDATUM), DATEPART(DD, REGDATUM)
ORDER BY Year DESC, Month DESC, Day DESC

It produces a table and graph with no problem however all entries on the graph is dated 1970-01-01.

Any more ideas would be appreciated.