Dashboard error when trying to provision on kubernetes

Hi folks!

I’ve searched around for this error and the site and google in general doesn’t retrieve anything.

1. I am starting up with a kubernetes config that grabs grafana/grafana and installs these plugins via environment variable:

jdbranham-diagram-panel,savantly-heatmap-panel,mtanda-heatmap-epoch-panel,blackmirror1-singlestat-math-panel

I see in the logs that each is successful:

from url:

:heavy_check_mark: Installed jdbranham-diagram-panel successfully

Restart grafana after installing plugins . <service grafana-server restart>

installing savantly-heatmap-panel @ 0.2.0

from url:

into: /var/lib/grafana/plugins

:heavy_check_mark: Installed savantly-heatmap-panel successfully

installing mtanda-heatmap-epoch-panel @ 0.1.7

from url:

:heavy_check_mark: Installed mtanda-heatmap-epoch-panel successfully

installing blackmirror1-singlestat-math-panel @ 1.1.5

from url:

:heavy_check_mark: Installed blackmirror1-singlestat-math-panel successfully

1. Then I provision some elastic search datasources putting a datasource definition in /etc/provisioning/datasources and things look ok:

t=2018-12-09T23:25:00+0000 lvl=info msg="inserting datasource from configuration " logger=provisioning.datasources name=Elk2

t=2018-12-09T23:25:00+0000 lvl=info msg="inserting datasource from configuration " logger=provisioning.datasources name=“Elk Anomaly2”

t=2018-12-09T23:25:00+0000 lvl=info msg="inserting datasource from configuration " logger=provisioning.datasources name=“Elk Log2”

1. Then I am provisioning a dashboard that I created. I was having some trouble at first getting the datasources to match up but have since figured that out. Now that the dashboard configuration is matching the datasources I can now navigate to the dashboard but I get an overlay at the top right of the page that says:

Templating init failed

n is undefined

Also there is an overlay on all of my panels that says n is undefined.

I turned debug on in my grafana log and don’t see anything pertaining to ‘n’. I have some suspicions that this error is coming from the diagram plugin but after tooling around quite a bit I am having trouble understanding what grafana thinks is going on. I was hoping to compare what grafana loads with what I export from my grafana instance that i am pulling the dashboard from. Does anyone have any hints on where to track down ‘n is underfined’?

Thanks!