Connecting Grafana to On premise Labtech

Hi,

I am trying to connect Grafana to a onpremise labtech database using MySql data source, however when I enter the :3306 with my labtech login and password, it gives an error:

dial tcp <our server ip:3306: connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks,
Barinder

This is a networking error and it means that the server where your Grafana is installed does not have access to the mysql database.

Could be a firewall problem?

Hi Danial,
Thanks for reply.

Finally i able access the mysql database on machine. I have build some deshboard. These are working fine on localmachine.
I want to access grafana from remote machine. Do you have any idea how can I do that?

Thanks,

A remote machine has an IP address that you can access it on. So you need to find out what the IP address or DNS name is and then you would access it on port 3000. For example:

http://192.1.1.1:3000

You might have to change some firewall settings to allow external users access to port 3000.

Hi Danielle,

I am also facing the similar problem in my server. We have 5 servers where we have installed the windows exporter we can see 2 servers are UP and remaining 3 servers are showing this error" a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period time or established connection host has failed to respond".

Can you please guide with the solution steps. This would help us.

Thanks in advance