Connect to Aws RDS on Postgres

Hi,

i’ve some troubles connecting from Grafana cloud base to my postgres instance on AWS RDS.

I get this error:

dial tcp 35.157.101.40:5432: getsockopt: connection timed out

with theese parameters:

host: test-euris.c6farfmy0q1w.eu-central-1.rds.amazonaws.com:5432
ssl mode disable

Could you help me?

Thanks

Salvatore

Are you sure no firewall is blocking access? The postgres port is blocked for me.

%  nmap -p 5432 test-euris.c6farfmy0q1w.eu-central-1.rds.amazonaws.com -Pn

Starting Nmap 7.60 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-02-15 17:55 CET
Nmap scan report for test-euris.c6farfmy0q1w.eu-central-1.rds.amazonaws.com (35.157.101.40)
Host is up.
rDNS record for 35.157.101.40: ec2-35-157-101-40.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com

PORT     STATE    SERVICE
5432/tcp filtered postgresql

Hi svenklemm,

i can connect succesfully from my machine with pgAdmin so i guess there’s no blocked port.

But is the grafana host allowed to connect to the postgres database? Connection timeout might be firewall issue,

@svenklemm - how can I check that? I am running to a similar situation, on amazon.

I tried different postgres versions…

I used all default configurations on AWS except for the ones they require (like username).

Still I am unable to connect from Grafana. Tried all SSL options.

Hi, I have the same issue with cloud base Grafana. I can’t connect to AWS RDS MySQL in my case. I can connect to DB from PC using MySQL Workbench without any issue, but it is not possible from Grafana hosted by grafana.net. Have you solved your issues?

1 Like

Hi there! What you’ll need is to whitelist the Grafana Cloud IP addresses in AWS. You’ll find them here: Cloud Portal | Grafana Labs