One of the convenient features some visualization tools have is comparison of the data displayed to the overlay shifted 1 day (1 week etc)
So for example I can easily compare CPU usage today to CPU usage yesterday and see if it is unusual for that time of day.
This is easy done specifically in Prometheus query but it requires work for every dashboard
I wonder if there is any thought to integrate it in some sort of “Panel Tools” functionality or might be explore more ?
This feature is already from version 2
This file has been truncated.
# 6.7.2 (2020-04-02)
### Bug Fixes
- **BackendSrv**: Adds config to response to fix issue for external plugins that used this property . [#23032](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/23032), [@torkelo](https://github.com/torkelo)
- **Dashboard**: Fixed issue with saving new dashboard after changing title . [#23104](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/23104), [@dprokop](https://github.com/dprokop)
- **DataLinks**: make sure we use the correct datapoint when dataset contains null value.. [#22981](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/22981), [@mckn](https://github.com/mckn)
- **Plugins**: Fixed issue for plugins that imported dateMath util . [#23069](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/23069), [@mckn](https://github.com/mckn)
- **Security**: Fix for dashboard snapshot original dashboard link could contain XSS vulnerability in url. [#23254](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/23254), [@torkelo](https://github.com/torkelo)
- **Variables**: Fixes issue with too many queries being issued for nested template variables after value change. [#23220](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/23220), [@torkelo](https://github.com/torkelo)
- **Plugins**: Expose promiseToDigest. [#23249](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/23249), [@torkelo](https://github.com/torkelo)
- **Reporting (Enterprise)**: Fixes issue updating a report created by someone else
# 6.7.1 (2020-03-20)
### Bug Fixes
- **Azure**: Fixed dropdowns not showing current value. [#22914](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/22914), [@torkelo](https://github.com/torkelo)
- **BackendSrv**: only add content-type on POST, PUT requests. [#22910](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/22910), [@hugohaggmark](https://github.com/hugohaggmark)
- **Panels**: Fixed size issue with panel internal size when exiting panel edit mode. [#22912](https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/22912), [@torkelo](https://github.com/torkelo)
Let me clarify my question. It is Indeed possible you can get into the editing dashboard and change it to have time series with offset. This is however very complicated.
In my environment I’m providing users with read only dashboards and I would like to understand if there is a feature for them to simply say time shifted data overlay without needing to EDIT dashboard (and potentially change dashboard for other users)
Or am I missing something ? Here is what I see for the full view of the read only dashboard
did you find a solution?