Binary heat map for fixed range

Hi. I am just looking for some advice on how to get started with a new visualisation for my dashboard.
I have a single column table driven from a query that gives a varied number of numeric values from 1 to 400. I would like to know if it is possible to display this data in a fixed grid format showing all 400 values in boxes and highlighting the ones that are present in the query.
So the format is like a heat map, but I want to always show the same numbers regardless of count and also the count will only ever be 1 or 0.
Thanks

Do you want it to be 20x20?
Please post data sample you version of grafana and maybe a sketch of what it would look like

Hi
this image is from another web based app we use for the same systems, but for different data, ideally if Grafana could lay it out in a similar format, this would be more understandable for the end user?

this is the current displayed info:

Hope this answers your question and thank you for the support.

1 Like

Maybe using Dynamic Text plugin you can get something like this, unless there is a custom heat map plugin

Something like this?

I had to do some repetitive commands, but this works well…now, if I could just get the rows and columns flipped so the days are on top…but I digress.

SELECT
CASE DAYOFWEEK(created)
WHEN 1 THEN ‘Sunday’
WHEN 2 THEN ‘Monday’
WHEN 3 THEN ‘Tuesday’
WHEN 4 THEN ‘Wednesday’
WHEN 5 THEN ‘Thursday’
WHEN 6 THEN ‘Friday’
WHEN 7 THEN ‘Saturday’
END AS Day
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘0’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘00:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘1’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘01:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘2’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘02:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘3’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘03:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘4’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘04:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘5’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘05:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘6’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘06:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘7’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘07:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘8’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘08:00’
, SUM(CASE WHEN EXTRACT(HOUR FROM created) = ‘9’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ‘09:00’
So on and so forth.

Have you tried “Rows to fields” in the Transformations section?

I have, no matter how I set the selection, once all of the items have been given name, value, or label, it always reverts to day’s as rows and hours as columns.

Now, if I dont declare all of the fields, then it will show as days as columns with only 1 row, and no indication of what that row is.