Best way to get data from SQL server to Grafana

I have data from SQL server that needs to be queried from multiple tables and display that data in a graph in grafana. What is the best way to do this? Build a RESTful service in visual studio that gets data and put it to grafana? If so I don’t see any grafana nuget package for grafana. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ether build a REST interface that is compatible with one of the supported Grafana datasources (for example Graphite API compatible).

Or store your data in InfluxDB then have grafana query influxdb.,

Or build a simple backend for the Simple JSON datasource:

Here is an example of a backend built in node and it should be fairly easy to do it in C#/.NET:

Hey,

I’m fairly new to this. I couldn’t find any example that use fake-simple-json-datasource in C#/.NET. Do you think you can point me in the right direction as how to implement this? Thank you.

EDIT- Nevermind, I had to reinstall the service and SimpleJson shows as the data source. However, my above question still remains.

/Also, I extracted the simple json datasource into /data/plugins and I see that in the plugins when I go to the server but not as a data source? I’m using these instruction. Also, this “grafana-cli plugins install grafana-simple-json-datasource” command wouldn’t work which is why I extracted the files into the plugin folder/

There is no example in C#/.NET that I know of. But this would be a really simple MVC app. It needs 4 routes (or 3 routes if you skip annotations).

/ should return 200 ok. Used for “Test connection” on the datasource config page.
/search used by the find metric options on the query tab in panels.
/query should return metrics based on input.
/annotations should return annotations.

The json that the query, search and annotations route should return is documented in the readme.

Did you get stuck on anything in particular?

Нашел несколько способов, 1 способ написать скрипт на .net который исполняет скрипты sql и отправляет по http в influxdb. 2 способ через телеграф. Он может исполнять . bat который запускает sqlcmd с параметрами. Если надо могу дать примеры.