Bar Gauge, how to set x-axis to display date

I’m querying an influx database, with the intention of displaying daily power usage over the past 10 days. Mostly it works, but I’ve been unable to display the dates along the x-axis.
The y-axis data is displayed exactly as I would like.

chart1

The query I’m using is;

chart2

…and the Visualization settings are;

chart4

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Any suggestions please?

Dear Paul,

while we haven’t used Bar Gauge yet, we can deduce from its Demo Dashboard at Grafana, that there are multiple aliases associated with their respective targets / queries.

"targets": [
    {
      "alias": "sda1",
      "refId": "A",
      "scenarioId": "random_walk"
    },
    {
      "alias": "sda2",
      "refId": "B",
    },
    {
      "alias": "sda3",
      "refId": "C",
    },

Also, with the vertical variant, the different slots seem to be directly associated with multiple series, probably likewise coming from different queries.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

Hi again,

finding about that, we would also be interested whether

would actually be possible with the current implementation.

After scanning @torkel’s Sneak Preview of New Visualizations Coming to Grafana again, we recognize that he is probably talking about a future perspective when referencing

So, maybe there are already respective patches in the pipeline. Haven’t scanned the issues on GitHub yet. Maybe you will be lucky finding something there to get a better feeling what the current status might be?

Probably, we will just have to stay a bit patient, watch the Bar Gauge Demo Dashboard for updates or just chime in to help out.

Cheers,
Andreas.

Thanks very much for the comments Andreas, and yes, I was wondering too if this plugin was for a specific purpose, or as a replacement for the ‘bars’ drawing mode of the multifunctional graph module, which can display data this way;

energy

In the absence of any guidance from @torkel, I guess I’ll just have to be patient, and watch development.

Any news with the time or date?

2 Likes

I’m also waiting.
I need to put the date on the x-axis. I don’t know how to get this information through the setalias

2 Likes