The new data are written to influxdb every 1 minute
- Create a new dashboard and add one or even several panels with several Graphs - doesn’t matter on the panel or graphs count.
- Configure it with Refreshing every: 2m
- Save Dashboard
- Keeps the dashboard on foreground/visible/on the top of the screen
- I can see the graph being update every 2 minutes as it should
- I open another tab or just fully cover it with a window of another app - simply the dashboard is on the background/not visible to me at all/not on the top of the screen
- I come back to the same Grafana dashboard and it hung on the old data - meaning the new data is not in the graph even tho it is in the influxdb
- I stay on the dashboard for at least 2 minutes (which is the auto-refresh interval) and BAM…it automatically updates.
Using Firefox 52.2 and before that I was using 48.0 or something. However it’s the same in both versions so this is NOT related to FF version.
I’m using it with influxdb but this doesn’t seem to be inflluxdb problem, read below.
Doesn’t matter what the auto-refresh interval is set to.
Before I used 4.1.1 and on that version I have NOT experienced this problem.
[martin@ka0mo02ras07ndsw0v11 ~]$ grafana-server -v
Version 4.2.0 (commit: 349f3eb)
Checking influxd.log it is apparent that there are NO select queries coming from Grafana which implies that Influxdb is not culprit here.