Authorization error with organization api token

I recently converted a project from using an Account Level API Token to an Organization API Token. Prior to this change the load test script already identifies a ProjectID in the script options, e.g.,

export let options = {
  tags: {
    "target": "stage"
  },
  ext: {
    loadimpact: {
      projectID: 12345,
      name: "project-name"
    }
  }
}

I see an (400/E5) Authentication error. ProjectID must be specified when using an organization API token when I execute the the load test using CLI version 0.43.1. Example invocation looks like (k6 cloud script_name.js ...args).

Note: I have already successfully executed k6 login cloud --token VALUE prior to executing k6 cloud scipt_name.js ...args).

The most curious behavior of all this (in my opinion) is that when I log into K6 cloud and look at the project details, I see successful K6 run invocations for each of the timestamps where the CLI reported an authentication issue.

Hi @imo_ericksoen

Welcome to the community forum :wave:

And many thanks for reporting this, we are looking into it and will be back to you.

Cheers!

Hi @imo_ericksoen

This should be fixed now, many thanks for reporting this. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Cheers!

Wow! You all rock. Thanks so much for the responsiveness.

1 Like

I’m still seeing this error. What was the fix?

Hi @ragudupa

Welcome to the community forum :wave: and thanks for reaching out.

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue. Could you please open up a support ticket in your Grafana customer portal or just by sending an email to support@k6.io?

This might be related to your account/organization and needs to be looked into. The support team can check our records, raise escalations towards our engineering teams (in case of bugs/issues), and track the progress of your support issue much better.

Thanks!