Are these features from Graph (old) in Time series, too? (Time regions, dual y-axis, hide in legend)

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana v8.0.5

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I am trying to convert a Graph (old) into a Time series and keep its functionality with regards to: Time regions, dual axis and hiding some lines in the legend.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    By clicking on ‘Time series’ as a visualisation in a Graph (old) visualisation.

• What happened?
    Time regions were lost, dual axis were lost and lines were no longer hiding in the legend.

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expected these things to stay the same, or at the very least, I expected options in the Time Series visualisation to get time regions, dual axis and hiding specific lines in the legend.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    No.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    No.

So in short: Is it still possible to get the following features in Time Series:

1. Time regions
  2. Dual y-axis
  3. Hiding specific columns/lines/bars in the legend

These were all possible in the Graph (old) visualisation.

1. This is on the team’s todo list. You can track progress here: GraphNG (Act 2) · Issue #30564 · grafana/grafana · GitHub

2. This capability was expanded. Now you can have more than two y-axes. They are set using the Field Overrides feature:

1. This is also on the team’s todo list. See same issue:
    GraphNG (Act 2) · Issue #30564 · grafana/grafana · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.