Always get error: Invalid username or password

I am quite new to Grafana and InfluxDB, but am having a very irritating error. I have got InfluxDB to work and can use the GUI on google chrome. I can access the GUI for grafana as well on google chrome, but I simply cannot login in to access data on influxDB. I always get this error on the login page “Invalid username or password”

I have tried the login name and password I used for this site, and it didn’t work.
I’ve changed the following sections in the “sample.ini” file

[database]
name = loginname
user = loginname
password = loginpassword

[security]
admin_user=loginname
admin_password=loginpassword

[users]
allow_sign_up = true

[auth.ldap]
enabled=true
config_file = /etc/grafana/ldap.toml
allow_sign_up = true

[smtp]
user = khaebler
password = test

Is there something else that I am missing? I hope there is something small I have neglected, but right now this is obviously a huge impediment.

Thank you very much,

you have enabled ldap, have you configured /etc/grafana/ldap.toml with your ldap settings? Also check grafana.log for details (/var/log/grafana/grafana.log)

1 Like

Hey torkel, I have just modified the ldap file sections “bind_password” and “server.attributes”, but it still didn’t solve the problem. Let’s say I uninstall grafana and delete everything, then I reinstalled it and started from scratch. Could you tell me what I should do in order to be able to login using a browser? For example do you know what specifically I should have to modify to specify my username and password? Is it the same as what I used to login online to this forum, or do I alter the configuration file?
I’m quite new to this and having a hard time getting anything to work.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Got the similar kind Issue And on checking I found /var/lib/docker/overlay2 was full
So removed unessary items only. PLEASE don’t just delete everything Use docker system prune first then you can remove uneccessary things like image cache .
TRY It might save some time