Hey folks, I’m currently using the Grafana Alert List visualization to display the count of alerts. I’d like to change the panel background color dynamically based on the alert count.
For example:
- If the count is greater than 0, the panel background should turn red.
- If the count is 0, the panel background should turn green.
From what I’ve seen in the current documentation, this doesn’t seem possible.
Does anyone know of a workaround or a way to achieve this behavior?
Hello @jjebaraj ,
The desired behavior can be effectively achieved using an alternative visualization combined with minor panel restructuring. Here’s a two-step solution:
Step: 1 Replace or Supplement the Alert List with a Stat Panel.
Step: 2 Configure Thresholds for Dynamic Coloring
Final output:
Hello @yosiasz
Could you please review my solution? If it is correct, kindly mark it as the accepted solution.
Thank you!
Hello @infofcc3 ,
Thanks for replying , but unfortunately my alerts are defined in the grafana , So I can’t use the above solution since grafana doesn’t expose the alert metrics
Try value mapping wherein you can specify ranges and choose the colors