After upgrading Grafana from 7.2 to 8.x ticket acknowledgement was broken

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

Grafana 8.4.3, Alexander Zobnin plugin 4.2.4, Zabbix 5.0.19, CentOS 7.9.2009.

• What are you trying to achieve?

I try to acknowledge the accident on “Problems” panel.

• How are you trying to achieve it?

This can be achieved through (i) button at right side of the “Problems” panel.

• What happened?

When i press (i) button on “Problem” panel, i get empty panel without any fields of information or checkboxes.

• What did you expect to happen?

Here must be some checkboxes and text input field (acknowlegement reason) for manipulating with this accident.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

I dont know, what kind of information should be here.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

No errors in dashboard or in logfile was caused.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

I not found any information about my problem on web.

Hi @chuvash,

The zabbix plugin is maintained by one of our community members. A good place to report issues for the developer is in their github repo. It looks like a few other users have reported similar behavior there in this issue and in a couple of others:

Problem is deeper, that i think before. The dashboard settings are violated an i even cant modify any queries - lines are empty. The solution, that i used, is brute - i deploy the docker container with fresh grafana installation and import here an old JSON backups of dashboards. Some was lost, but now all accidents can be acknowledged and i can change dashboard queries.

Is here any methods to restore of my old dashboards functionality? Because my old dashboards JSON backups was completely outdated :frowning:

@chuvash do you still have the upgraded instance with the dashboards that didn’t work after the upgrade? You should be able to see the dashboard version history and compare it with the version in the dashboard backups you have. You can revert to an old version of the dashboard in the UI.

Next level of madness.
I uninstalled the Grafana plugin, erase directories /etc/grafana, /usr/share/grafana, /var/lib/grafana. And then i installed newest build of Grafana (8.4.3). I imported there JSON file with dasboard, that formed by Grafana working in Docker container, its shurely work properly there: problems can be acknowledged from dashboard.
But on FRESHLY installed Grafana in this dashboard acknowledges does not work :frowning:
How i can eliminate all of old data from server and reinstall Grafana from the ground?

PS: All dashboards re-created in docker environment an work properly there, old data no more needed.

@chuvash how you uninstall depends on the method you used to install grafana. You can find the rpm package details and paths here for the default configuration, you can also check in your grafana.ini file to see if there are any custom paths.

Reference: https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/installation/rpm/#package-details:

• Installs binary to /usr/sbin/grafana-server
  • Copies init.d script to /etc/init.d/grafana-server
  • Installs default file (environment vars) to /etc/sysconfig/grafana-server
  • Copies configuration file to /etc/grafana/grafana.ini
  • Installs systemd service (if systemd is available) name grafana-server.service
  • The default configuration uses a log file at /var/log/grafana/grafana.log
  • The default configuration specifies an sqlite3 database at /var/lib/grafana/grafana.db

Hmm, possibly, that the imported JSON, created in other Grafana instance could not work properly. When i import dashboard, delete “Problems” panel and re-create it, she work properly - all accidents can be acknowledged.
So, this ticket can be closed.

1 Like