- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
8.1.5v via Helm chart
- What are you trying to achieve?
I’m trying to set up a notification channel
- How are you trying to achieve it?
By setting Sendgrid as SMTP server. We’re using API key as a method of authentication
- What happened?
Sendgrid returns 550 code: Unauthenticated users are not allowed. When using the same credentials via Powershell Send-MailMessage (copy-pasted from grafana.ini) it works great. I’ve tried the same with base64 encoded password, Sendgrid Azure account and different TLS settings
- What did you expect to happen?
I’ve expected that Grafana will be able to use Sendgrid as an email notification channel
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
UI: Failed to send alert notifications
Logs: 550: Unauthenticated users are not allowed
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
Also smtp configuration, but cant link them as I’m a new user