What strftime/date formatting does Grafana use (Timezone issues)

I’m display the date in the display name of a panel from an epoch timestamp on Grafana using ${var_name:date} (actually ${__cell_1:date}).

This gives the data with the correct time zone, 2023-07-28T15:43:22.000Z, 3:43 pm PST is the time that I want.

However, if I go to format the date myself to something easier to read, like ${__cell_1:date:YYYY-MM-DD_HH:mm:ss}, the timezone changes and I get 2023-07-28_08:43:22, 8:43, which I believe is UTC time (7 hour difference). How can I format it the way I want but show it in PST time?

Old one, and you’ve probably figured this out by now, but unfortunately, with custom date formats in variables, you can’t use any format that contains “:” (colons) in them. Which is ridiculous because nearly every timestamp on the planet uses colons in them… I understand the reason, which is that they use colons as separators in their variable formatting, but they really need to give us a way to escape them so we can use them, because the inability to use colons when formatting custom timestamps dramatically reduces the usefulness of custom date formatting in variables…