Viewing interpolated queries

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    v9.2.6

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Viewing the interpolated query as described in the documentation: Microsoft SQL Server query editor | Grafana documentation

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Looking around the query editor after executing a query. This query uses MSSQL as a datasource.

• What happened?
    I don’t see the resulting query as the documentation mentions.

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expect to be able to click a link somehwere. Or the documentation is wrong.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Yes the documentation for MSSQL query editor.
    Microsoft SQL Server query editor | Grafana documentation

Are you looking to see your query results in a table?

If that’s the case, then the panel you’re using may have a “Table View” option at the top. If the panel does not have or support a table view, you can use the “Table” Panel referenced in the documentation to view your data to verify that your query is functioning through Grafana to your backend data source.

If that’s not what you were looking for, please elaborate and I’ll try to assist further.

No, the documentation states you can see the SQL query that is actually sent to the server.
“The query editor also includes a link named Generated SQL that appears after running a query while in panel edit mode. To display the raw interpolated SQL string that the data source executed, click on this link.” I cannot find this anywhere on my screen. I can see the link in your screenshot though. Why don’t I have this?

I see. What panel are you using?

If you look in my screenshot above, I’m showing the “Generated SQL” link as well as the raw SQL that is being executed below it. That’s where the link should be located, directly below your query along with the “Format As” drop-down and the “Show Help” link.

Are you missing that section?

Yes, I’m missing that section. Here is a fresh, empty “Time Series” panel. Builder view and Code view.

Maybe you’re on a different version? I’m on the latest version and your screen looks different than mine. You can use the Query Inspector button though to also see the query sent.

Which version are you on?

Tested on 9.3.1.
Is yours MSSQL or MYSQL?