Vertica support

I see reference to vertica, a datasource, on many different webpages with grafana. I get on the grafna site and there is zero reference material about vertica? what is te story with datasource support for vertica. Thanks.

The reason for there being no reference material is that there is no published plugin for Vertica.

But good news, we are developing a data source plugin for Vertica. It is not quite ready yet however. It won’t be open source and will be included in our commercial support: https://grafana.com/services/support

I will find out the release schedule for the HP Vertica plugin and get back to you.

Hey @daniellee thanks for the update, I look forward to all information. Also if there is a beta testing program I’d be willing to give it a go.

Cheers.

Hi @daniellee so exciting about the news for vertica-datasource. I can’t wait even for one minute. If you do have any updates for this plugin, please let me know at the very first moment. Thank you in advance.

@frankli001 Development for the Vertica plugin has stalled as we do not have a commercial sponsor for it anymore. We prioritized completing an Oracle plugin first (which we do have a sponsor for).

@daniellee Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. But, still, appreciate your help. I believe that we gonna have that done in a short future. Best wishes…

Hi @daniellee is the situation still stalled? I’ve been trying PostgreSQL plugin with Vertica and facing few issues. It will be great if there is a Vertica beta plugin that I can try.

There is a beta version of the Vertical plugin now - it is included in our Premium plugins: https://grafana.com/services/support

@daniellee Yesterday I saw the Vertica datasource plugin amongst the premium plugins on grafana.com. I checked again today and it is now absent! Has the plugin been withdrawn?

Yes, temporarily I think. Will get back to you when I know more.

Hey what’s the status of this?

Hi @mmsmaato! The plugin is not currently being offered, and I’ll drop you an email now with more details.

Hi @mattttt , Could you please drop me an email with detailed information for the vertica datasource plugin as well? Thank you!

I’ve been trying PostgreSQL plugin with Vertica and facing few issues. It will be great if there is a Vertica beta plugin that I can try.

@mattttt Can I also have some info about this? What is current status of Vertica integration for Grafana?

@mattttt can you send me information via email of the status of the Vertica plugin? Thanks