- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- Grafana 10.2.3 on Raspberry Pi
- What are you trying to achieve?
- I’d like to dynamically change a picture in a Canvas Dashboard (weather icon) based on either a query in the dashboard or by same query via Variable.
- How are you trying to achieve it?
- I put the query alias name into the field for background image of either a metric or rectangle object, or tried to use the variable in the fixed URL section of the background image.
- What happened?
- no picture was loaded
- What did you expect to happen?
- The value from either the query ( entire URL which works if I type it in the fixed URL section) or the Variable (same URL) should be interpreted so that the pic should be loaded
Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- In the Variable section it is indicated that the Variable has properly being referenced, also right URL is shown as value
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
- Checked this forum and the Grafana Documentation - The Bot said that so far Canvas can not display dynamic images?
I know how it works in other Grafana visualisations, but woul like to get it in Canvas too…
Any workaround idea from anybody would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks and Cheers, Falk