- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
Grafana 8.4.2-OSS on docker running on RHEL 7
- What are you trying to achieve?
Create a table of HTTP URLS wise counts but we have some URL data with query string and want to remove the query string and get the counts of the base URL itself using elasticsearch as the data source.
- How are you trying to achieve it?
Created a data table with URL as the terms aggregation with count as the metric and trying to apply the rename by regex transformation
- What happened?
The regex is working fine in regex 101 but not working in the transformation.
- What did you expect to happen?
Get a single URL wise count by stripping after the query string params
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
Tried to reproduce it on play.grafana and here is the link so that someone else can play around with it and provide a solution. Grafana
Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
How to Rename Values in Grafana Using Regex-Based Value Mapping - #4 by mattabrams