Telemetry Grafana, traffic on interface by description

Hey, I am using Telegraf with Telemetry, I want to see traffic level on interface based on their description, “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description”. Unfortunately the interface description was as field key, which I converted using the processors.converter. Since I needed to rewrite the data after this, I just dropped the whole measurement so the new tag can take place.

I do see the descriptions as tag fields and I do see the interface description as a tag key.

Unfortunately I am still getting blank results on any query when I try with querying by interface description.

Relevant telegraf.conf:

Convert values to another metric value type

[[processors.converter]]

Fields to convert

[processors.converter.fields]
tag = ["/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description"]

System info:

Telegraf 1.14.5
Debian

Docker

Steps to reproduce:

select “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description” from “/interfaces/”
(empty result) this is expected since now its a tag

show tag keys
name: /interfaces/
tagKey

/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description

show tag values with key = “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description”
(gives all descriptions)

SELECT “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/counters/out-pkts” from /interfaces/ where “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description” = ‘some_description’
(empty result)

Expected behavior:

SELECT “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/counters/out-pkts” from /interfaces/ where “/interfaces/interface/subinterfaces/subinterface/state/description” = ‘some_description’

to give some a result for the interface with that description

Actual behavior:

(is not returning any result)

Am I using the correct fields here?