Telegram notification was working, edited the template and now I always get "Failed Error 400"

Hello,
I was using Telegram for my notifications, it was working untill I changed something in the default template. I don’t remember what, because I’ve deleted it and started as news, I also created a new Chat in Telegram with a new bot, and re-done everything, but every time I test it I get the:

Failed to send test alert.: Webhook response status 400 Bad Request

Grafana server is hosted on my raspberryPI and is the v8.5.5, everything is working as expected, and if I try to CURL to my bot from the Grafana server, also it works

root@Grafana:~# curl -X POST https://api.telegram.org/botxyz:12345/getUpdates

{“ok”:true,“result”:[{“update_id”:1234,

so I don’t know what could be the trouble, maybe something related to a Grafana cache of DNS or similar issue?

How can I flush the cache or delete it?

Thanks

welcome to the :grafana: forum, @giuliomagnifico

Can you confirm: are you using the new Unified Alerting platform or the legacy platform?

Also:
try increasing the verbosity of the Grafana server logs to debug and note any errors. For printing to console, set the console logs to debug as well.

1 Like

Hi Matt and thanks for the reply. Yes I’m using the latest platform for the alerts.

But now I solved, simply by using Pushover instead of Telegram. I prefer it because I can also customize the sounds for Firing or Resolved notifications.
I have no idea what was happening with Telegram but I’m pretty sure something related to dns or network (because I’m using a recursive DNS) cache.

I only have to understand how to not include the queries in the alerts, in order to have a more readable format. Now I got this and it’s too verbose (I’ve already tried to edit the name of the queries but it remains verbose)

Anyway maybe it’s a bit off topic, I’ll open a new thread for this.

1 Like