Table - hide queries used for transformation

Hi,

I’m preparing table with many columns.
Let’s say I use column A and B for transformation (calculating A/B) and I want to show only result of this transformation in table.
However I can’t use “replace all fields” because other columns (C, D, E…) will be also replaced.
And I can’t use “disable/enable query” option, because then calculation is not done.

So is there any way to solve this issue?

1 Like

Good question (i witaj na forum)…

What is your datasource? Could you build your query to do the A/B calculation and then have Grafana display that new query? I have done this in Grafana as well and can show you an example, but I use Influx so my query may not make sense for your datasource.

Thank you for answering.
Yes, I am using InfluxDB, so if it’s possible to build it in one query, then I can try to do it, please show example.

1 Like

Are your using InfluxQL or Flux?

I am using influxql.

In my example below, I am calculating UCL by adding +3 to the field GNRT303DPSP (the Setpoint)…

In the next example, I am able to hide query (the Setpoint) and still display the UCL value…

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I successfully fixed my dashboard.

But this unfortunately will not work for Transformation. When I hide a Query then the Transformation can’t count (reduce row) columns :roll_eyes:

Thus I have to use “replace all fields” in the Transformation which is sad. Is it possible to hide a single Query and still have the Transformation operation working?

Thanks

I do not believe that is possible.

That is…if true…a rather stunning feature hole.

Ah, the Transform Data has an “Organize Fields” option that makes it possible.

I really wish Grafana was more intuitive. :confused:

1 Like