State Time Line Overflow Scroll Support

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana 8.0.2
    Ubuntu 18.04.4

• What are you trying to achieve?
    We have a large number of endpoints which we monitor with their up and down states and would like an easy way to visualise up and down states for lots (potentially 10s or 100s) of endpoints.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Using the new state timeline visualisation to display uptime over a period of time.

• What happened?
    The panel tries to fit everything within the panel window instead of allowing scrolling behaviour on the Y axis.

• What did you expect to happen?
    When the panel needs to squish the dataset in order to fit it in the panel it would opt in for a scroll bar.

Hi @ashleyjlive

Yes, I know what you mean. Currently, I think only the table panel has scrolling capabilities. I’ve encountered similar issues with the new bar chart and labels on the x axis get squished together until it’s just one white blur.

I think this would make a perfect enhancement request. After the 20th of this month, we’ll be moving all feature requests to GitHub Discussions. When that happens, I think I’ll start a discussion about this…

Hi @mattabrams ,

were you able to move this discussion to GitHub?

Thanks,
Vilmos

I did not but I will see if any discussions of issues were made regarding this :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

for context here is the discussion:

1 Like